Online dating site freedating.co.uk published this great infographic with some fun facts about the state of dating today.
A few noteworthy facts I picked out (there are more!)
- 17% of US married couples met on a dating site. I think this figure will increase over time, but remember there are lots of ways to meet guys. See Online Dating: Don’t Just Date, Mix!.
- If you meet online you get married faster – average is 2 years versus 3.5 years if you met in other ways. Perhaps those online are looking to get married and therefore are more likely to do it sooner.
- 27% of women have been dumped by text. What? The rats! (Maybe women are taking that cowardly way out too. We are not told if they are.)
- 30% of ladies are completely unsatisfied with their sex lives and only 13% of men are completely satisfied. Oh dear, I see trouble ahead. Don’t they know they can do something about that? Or don’t they care? See the How To Bring The Spark Back Into A Relationship Series
- 43% of women have said “I love you” and not meant it, but only 38% of men have said I love you to get sex. I thought there would be more guys lying about that! Come on everyone, tell the truth! See “When not to say I love You” for 12 times when you shouldn’t say it!
- At least, in general, “I love you” means something – “I care about you”, “I want you in my life”, “I want to have a committed relationship with you” or “I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” Thank goodness for small mercies!
Over to you: Did any of those stats strike a chord with you? Please share in the comments below.